1) Start with a crappy picture of a person in a random pose. (Yes, I took that...a while ago)
2) Now, first I opened it up in the Microsoft equivalent of Photoshop. Crank up the contrast and down the brightness.
3) Already looking pretty hipster, isn't it? Next, I blurred the whole thing a bit.
4) Now, I scrolled through the filters until I found one that made it look old and stuff. Choose your own and apply.
5) Not done yet! Next, Rotate and crop the image to make it artsy.
6) Note the artsy tilt of the horizon. Finally, our final step is to add an angsty, nonsensical statement about the meaning of life or lost love in white helvetica text. I didn't have helvetica (gasp!) so I used the most hipsterish font I could find.
And you're done! Are you proud? Now post it on your tumblr and be proud of your obscure photography style. You are so not mainstream.