Sunday, January 15, 2012

Just going on a tangent (pun intended)

Since when do they even give you projects in math?  I think my last one was in 8th grade, but that wasn't a project.  We had to make a kite (my group won Best Design: it was an Escher lizard tessellation).

But basically, we have a Pre-Calc Project.  We have to choose an island, find its tide information, and graph it as a sine or cosine wave.  Then, do this stuff involving slope and wheelchair ramps and other things that I won't get into.

I have a group of three.

Theoretically.

In reality, it's a group of me, except there will be three names on the final project that we hand in.

6 comments:

  1. Your favorite eclectic brotherJanuary 15, 2012 at 1:03 PM

    I have threatened to, and followed through, with threatening to not put people's names on projects that they don't do; especially if they pretty clearly don't have any sort of excuse. No shame. Threats of a 0 are supremely effective. Also, your teacher will always sympathize with the one doing the work.

    Also, just so you know, the writing for your blog is stylistically very similar to TFioS, as I notice it. Just thought I should tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had a group math project. My last one was for science class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did our group's project on my own and just gave whatever I did to my group mates for revision. And they made it worse. Good luck on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Group projects with assigned groups are THE WORST. Or close to it. There could be something else that's worse, but I'm not sure what...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following! :)
    I have to admit I find the arrogance of teammates very irritating. In my school, the teacher always insists on making the groups. They usually put one serious student, two or three average and two or three time wasters on the same group. The brain ends up doing all the work while the others just cause trouble, meaning the only person who learns is the one who knew the most to begin with! When people see me coming, they whip out their tools of arrogance and go stand in the corner, leaving me to do all the work.
    They must be stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree completely with your graph :)

    ReplyDelete

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Please leave a comment
Or I'll sic a velociraptor on you