Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Movies

Last night, I went to a friend's house for a Halloween hang-out thing.  We wanted to watch a Halloween movie, but half the people wanted to watch a horror movie (like, The Omen or The Exorcist) and half were terrified of that and wanted to watch Ghostbusters or The Nightmare Before Christmas (which I'm not entirely sure if it's a Halloween movie or a Christmas movie...).

So we compromised and ended up watching this hilariously terrible 80s movie called "Killer Klowns from Outer Space."  It was horrible.  Like, you have no idea.  It was entertaining solely because it was so horrible

There were these clowns from outer space that shot popcorn at people, and then wrapped them up in cotton-candy cocoons to eat.  And the main characters were so stupid that we were rooting for the clowns.  It was bad.

BUT we had a good time.  Several of my friends are likely going to sleep with their lights on for a while.  We got to criticize it and scream at the screen and make fun of the continuity flaws.  Like, how the girl takes off her pants by pulling them UP.  We were confused.

I'm trying to imagine what would happen if we had killer clowns descend upon Earth.  Mostly, I think it would be awesome.

Oh, and then we watched half of a movie called "Troll Hunters" which was in Norwegian.  I'd already seen it - it's actually quite good.  In a weird sort of way.

I'm thinking I might post about this whole hurricane thing next.  I can either tell you about how awesome it was, or how much of a disappointment it was.  If I have power.  See ya then!

2 comments:

  1. Killer Klowns used to give me nightmares as a kid. It's a stupid movie now, but I hated seeing that movie come on TV as my brothers always wanted to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clown movie sounds just as terrible and hilarious as Pterodactyl was. I want to watch it.

    ReplyDelete

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Please leave a comment
Or I'll sic a velociraptor on you