Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Ding-Dong Ditching with a twist

So I was inspired by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and John Green's videos on Positive pranking, and decided to trty it out myself.  My sister and I went to Stop & Shop and bought a box of Hostess Ding-Dongs.  Then, we attached notes to them, and "ding-dong ditched" some random strangers.  That is, we put attached an explanatory note to the Ding-Dong, left it on their porch, rang the doorbell, and bolted.

That's a Ding-Dong with a note on it.

Overall, the whole thing made me really happy.  I got to go around watching people discover food left on their front porch.  I really hope they enjoyed the gift.  It makes me feel good to think I might have made someone's day better.  I mean, my day would certainly be better if I discovered someone had left a Ding-Dong on my porch.

The only annoyance was when people weren't home and didn't answer the door.  We couldn't exactly leave chocolate covered food on their porch when it was a sunny day, so we had to go collect it and move on.  We started only targeting houses that had garage door open, because it meant they were almost definitely home.

I strongly suggest trying a "Positive Prank" yourself.

6 comments:

  1. That is actually quite a fun and nice thing to do. Plus making it a Ding Dong really makes it fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that's so cool! If the UK ever sold ding dongs, I 'd totally try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a twister of idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats actually, surprisingly, really neat! I so wanna make one of these now!

    ReplyDelete

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Please leave a comment
Or I'll sic a velociraptor on you