Thursday, June 23, 2011

This is just like Mario Kart, right?

So I got my permit.  It's nice and shiny paper and has an ugly picture of me on it.  It allows me to legally learn how to drive.

No problem! I'm an ACE at Mario Kart, this is a piece of cake!

Until...I try to actually go on a road.  There were like, other cars there.  And they were moving fast.  Right by me.  And I had to learn how to stop and go and be nice to the idiots who are honking at me and tailgating me as I drive the speed limit.

People are nuts.  Well, what do I expect, I live in Massachusetts.  Massholes.

I got my permit two days ago.  I drove legally for the first time 2 days ago.  Yesterday, the day after I got my permit, I learned to drive a manual transmission.  And drove it for the first time on a real road.  At night, during a downpour.  At least that means if I can survive that, I can survive anything.  Go me!

Now please excuse me while I load my car with banana peels and turtle shells.

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY, REALLY SHOULD GET MY PERMIT NOW ARRRRRGH

    Sorry. It's just that, I'm old enough to get a driver's LICENCE and I STILL haven't taken my permit test that I should have taken a year ago. Plus, I should have enrolled in behind the wheel training a year ago.

    Anyway, congratulations on your permit!

    ReplyDelete

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Please leave a comment
Or I'll sic a velociraptor on you